I get daily emails from Parenting Magazine and usually there is at least one thing that catches my eye. This weekend it was a blog by a mother of two listing ten reasons she’s psyched summer is over. Reading through it I realized how excited I am that fall is almost – okay, perhaps IS – here. Autumn has always been my favourite season; I think I blog about it on my personal blog several times a year. Here are some of MY top reasons to be psyched summer is over, and when you’re done, read the well-written, easy-to-agree-with blog by Erin Zammett Ruddy.
- I can enjoy hot drinks again.
- Cute fall clothes for my daughter (and me!).
- Christmas is that much closer.
- Gorgeous foliage.
- Yummy scented candles.
- People make pumpkin bread.
- I can snuggle up in cozy blankets again.
- Fall is usually when Husband and I take our long vacation (except for this year since both of us used our vacation hours during maternity/paternity leave).
- Matching hats, scarves and gloves/mittens.