Thanks to some awesome connections on Facebook, I’ve been introduced to thredup.com, a children’s clothing exchange website that gets budget-conscious moms 15-20 outfits for Jr. for a mere $13. Here’s how it works:
1. Sign up. It’s free and easy – can’t beat that!
2. Search for a box of clothes. Search by child’s gender, size, and what season of clothing you are looking for.
3. Pick a box. Select which one you’d like to receive, enter your credit card or Paypal information to pay the $13 for shipping, and sit back and relax for 3-4 days until your box of clothes arrives.
4. Pack a box of your own. Collect those bags of clothes Jr. has grown out of, separate them into size groups and stuff a box (thredup.com sends you a stack of boxes to use for free once you sign up) full of clothes of the same size for the same gender.
5. List the box. Make a list of what’s in your box – select most common colours, brands and seasons – and sit back and wait for someone to pick your box.
6. When your box is picked, print a prepared address label from the website and put the box out by your mailbox. The website automatically schedules a pick-up for you.
7. Enjoy an organized, cleaned out closet in Jr.’s room, and new/like new clothes for Jr. as he grows.